Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Interactive Live Online - Instructor-Led
10:00 am to 2:00 pm Eastern Time, U.S.A.; See schedule below or drop down price / start schedule to the right.
Our programs are NOT engineering centric; we serve general services and manufacturing through our use of case studies on financial, healthcare, and manufacturing.
Contact us for on-site classroom or blended solutions for your specific organization.
Live Online – 5 Key Features
1. Participants are online live with the instructor at all times; you see what the instructor sees on his/her screen. We use WebEx as the meeting platform.
2. Participants can ask questions by speaking directly to the instructor through voice over internet or call in on the phone; you are never blocked from asking questions
3. Participants can send a chat to the instructor or to the entire class via chat box in real time
4. Participants hear each other’s questions and learn from other workshop participants
5. All sessions are recorded, placed in a dropbox, and provided to participants for download to a computer in the event of a missed class or for review in the future
Certify Your SkillSet™ – 5 Principal Benefits
1. Professional development with Certification from Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College – prestigious, lasting high value.
2. Case studies and testing replaces an actual project for knowledge transfer that can be applied to a real world project – learn before you apply.
3. Practical tools and examples for immediate application.
4. High value content taught by workplace and educational professional instructors.
5. Learn from the convenience of your workplace or home – no travel time; no travel expenses.
Why the Provider Matters?
Professional certification is a process in which a person proves that he or she has the knowledge, as a basis, for performing a specific job. The proof comes in the form of a certification earned by passing quizzes, an exam, case studies, actual case or some combination of these items that are provided by an accredited organization. Accreditation is recognition that an educational institution has a certain standard of quality that other reputable organizations will honor. Without accreditation the certification provider may not provide the participant lasting value. Therefore, it is imperative that you receive your certification from a trusted, accredited institution.
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College has been in existence since 1861. Dartmouth College, founded in 1769, is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Accreditation is a non-governmental, non-profit, self-regulatory, peer review process based on rigorous standards.
20 – (4-hour sessions); (2 sessions per week for 10 weeks) (approximately 80 hours of training) plus you must do two LSS case studies, (approximately 80 hours homework). Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth will be awarded upon successful completion of coursework, test, and two case studies.
Materials you will receive: a copy of all presentations in pdf format that you may download to your computer; recorded sessions of all lectures that you may download to your computer; various materials from the instructors that they use to teach the subject.
Recommened Manual Purchase: the following manual (in paper or pdf form) is recommended for this workshop – approximately $90 from Open Source. You may purchase this manual online. We do not supply it. See curriculum for details. Black Belt Course Manual: Fourth Edition
1. We use Mini-Tab in this workshop. Mini-tab is available for free trail for 30 days and MUST be run on a Windows PC.
2. Built-in speakers and microphone do not work well due to echo effect so headset with microphone is necessary. This gives you complete interaction with the instructor and other participants. No phone calls to make, just login, turn your volume to the proper level and you should be all set to participate.